Monday, July 11, 2011

Remember when...


Do you remember that time I said I was back?  It was here.  I lied.  I wasn't back.  Only back long enough to know what "gone" really meant.

But tonight, I have a lot of homework to do and I've already done everything else to put it off.  So I'm here.  So for now, I'll rant and rave.


1.  I'm just as guilty as the next person on this one, but I hate it when people try to argue about "who is busier."  Everyone is busy.  It's all relative.

2. I came home this afternoon to this.  (WARNING: Not for the faint at heart, or if you really like bratwurst or have ever eaten one or ever known anyone that has eaten one).


It originally looked like this.
I had accidentally forgotten that the real Mrs. Nation (Mr. Nation's mom) had given me frozen Bratwurst on Saturday and left it in my pool bag (used to be a gym bag, but that's another post for another day...).  Someone who had a very keen sense of smell, got into the pool bag, ripped through the Target sack, and tore open 2 packages of Brats.  And ate at least 2 whole jumbo Bratwurst.  (What's the plural of Bratwurst?  Bratwurst? Bratwursts?  Bratwurstes? Either way sounds funny.  Maybe it's like "mouse" and the plural version is some word I've never even heard.  Because Bratwurst(s) are nasty.  Hot dogs rule.).  

His face looked like this.



But of course, when I got the camera out he just wagged his tail in pure delight.  No You Tube superstar in this family.  Yet.

No worries, I called the Vet and all will be well.  Both dogs seem to be acting fine, and although I have my suspicions on whom the culprit was, all are innocent until proven guilty.  The jury will decide tonight based on concrete evidence.  And by "concrete evidence," I mean green poop.

3. I love summer, but holy moly is it hot in here!



One of the symptoms of the "worst-case scenario" I googled for Cooper's Bratwurst snack was "heavy panting."  Welp, it's 100 degrees outside at 7pm and he's a black lab.  He's panting in just by looking outside.  Fail.

4. I hate school in the summer.  Even though I don't have a real "summer," most everyone else I have class with does, and it seems to make it worse.  Plus one of my classes is really hard this month.  Like super hard.  Let's just say it's the 2nd week, and I'm still not exactly sure what the title of the class means.  I'm not going to say it here, because I know some smart allelic will Google the title and post a Wikipedia definition of the title in the comments section just to make me look stupid.  When I can just admit right now to you all "I'm stupid."


1.  I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels.  I love her workouts and the way she pushes you.  And you can really see a difference in just a short amount of time.  I can say without hesitation, they are the best workout DVDs I've ever done.  Ever.  In case you were wondering, my favorites are 30 Day Shred (really good if you don't have a lot of time, 30 minutes or less, but you feel the results) and No More Trouble Zones (Mr. Nation came in once during this one because I was screaming in pain.  It's the bomb).  I have Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism, but don't like it as much.  It's a lot of kick boxing and jumping.  

I hate her because I hate her.  She's annoying and I will never or have never looked like one of her "best girls."  

But she makes my fat cry through my sweat, so I love her again.  

I probably have more "raves" than just one -- but it's summer, I work all day and do homework all night.  I'm having a hard time seeing the glass at half-full this week.  And it's Monday.   

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment