Saturday, December 18, 2010

Real Housewives of OKC



I really enjoy the Real Housewives on Bravo.  The only one I didn't watch was New York (which I hear is everyone's favorite).  I just couldn't get into it.  I only watched 1/2 of an episode but I never found a RH I could really relate to.  I digress...  I am really getting into the most recent RH, the women of Beverly Hills.



Taylor, on the left is from the Tulsa-area.  Believe it or not, most women from Oklahoma do not look like this:

Our eyebrows are much more well-groomed.  Just kidding.  But really, thousands of dollars in plastic surgery and you won't get your eyebrows trimmed before a big premier?  She was probably spending too much time picking out her "rancher" husband's shirts.  I say "rancher" because though that's what Taylor claims him to be, her husband looks as much of a rancher as I am a shoe-in for a RH of Atlanta.  But Taylor really did show Oklahoma at it's best when she told Kim she would "take her out back and pull some Oklahoma on your ass."  I'm not really sure what that means, but it sounds about right coming from an Oklahoman on television.

My best friend and I were talking this week about what it would be like if there were a Real Housewives of Oklahoma.  (We realize this is not possible because we are still waiting on the Real World Dallas that never happened, but it's still fun to dream).  Instead of trips to Vegas and Cabo, the women of OKC would be filmed going to OU/Texas.

We do have many things that some of the other seasons have filmed: an NBA team, fancy boutiques, fashion shows for the fancy boutiques, country clubs, cocktail parties, cocktail parties at the country club, and more.

I think the main reason the RH will never come to Oklahoma isn't because we don't have enough wealthily, pretty housewives who have their own charities.  It'd be because we really are as nice as we seem.  There won't be near enough drama for any one to want to tune in.  And we really want to keep up our image for when the next tornado comes through and the toothless Oklahomans get on the National news.  We don't want anyone getting the wrong idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment